In 1930 the Chemical Society of the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes started its own scientific and professional publication Glasnik Hemijskog Društva Kraljevine Jugoslavije (The Journal of the Chemical Society of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia).
The first post-war volume of the Journal was published in 1947 under the name Glasnik hemijskog drustva Beograd (Journal of the Chemical Society of Belgrade). That year, two volumes were published: Volume 11, designated 1940-1946, and volume 12 for 1947.
In June 1984 at the Annual Assembly of the Serbian Chemical Society, it was decided, beginning from volume 50 for 1985, to have all papers published only in English, and to have the title of the Journal changed to the Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society. The summaries would continue being written in Serbian.
At a meeting of the Administrative Committee of the Serbian Chemical Society in March 1950 it was decided to start the professional journal Hemijski pregled (Chemical Review) primarily intended to spread chemical culture.
The Chemical Review was published regular bimonthly till 1956. However, due to the financial difficulties of the Serbian Chemical Society with the sixth volume of that year, its publication was interrupted.
After ten years the Chemical Review appeared again. From that time six issues have been published annually.